A while back, “The Writing on the Wall” was honored with a peculiarly named award, the “Noblesse Oblige“.
What’s it mean? It’s French for “nobility obligates,” which in Jesus speak is loosely translated from Luke 12:48
But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more.
With humble and heartfelt thanks to all the Wall Watchers out there in Blogoland, I feel – and embrace – a lot of responsibility for all the tagging I do on the Wall. I must be used of God, not a user of his Word.
And awards like this – and delightful people like Annie “JJ” Brock, owner of a pair of cat eyes at a glorious home called “The Old Black Church” (and Lord Jesus, we need more of those) – remind me daily of that role. Thank you, peace and blessings, Annie.
Now, on with the show: honorees of this endowment should post the logo [check], nominate and link up to nine people worthy of the same [check below] and show the person who nominated you some love [check aforementioned]. HiScrivener’s choices are some mad taggers on the Wall, and lovely blog artists of their own:
- Bene Diction – A blog residing from Canada that gives a northern point of view on the Church. Good writing and good research equals good times.
- Beauty of the Bible – Sure, Lopez is smart and does much research for his posts, but if you couldn’t write in an appealing and thought-provoking fashion, what good does it do? No worries here.
- Caffeinated Thoughts – Shane covers a myriad of musings from “news, politics, culture, life and theology.” And if you ask this frequent drinker, he does so quite nicely.
- GCM Watch – Pastor Foster here is one of the originals. He took to a challenging topic and nailed it to the cross along with the rest of the sin of which Jesus died with authority and finality. It’s just that good.
- I’m Speaking Truth – We all have inspirations in here, and this was mine. Come to find out, we have a similar Genesis within charismatic circles, and discovered a likewise exodus out of them. Cut from the same cloth I would say, one of passion, focus and truth uncompromised.
- Jesus Christology – Job, the pundit over here, finds brilliant lumps of coal in the Church, polishes them with a fury and makes them gems for us all.
- The Church of Jesus Christ – Polycarp, and his new home, is full of diatribes, palaver and jive surrounding the ills that plague the Church. Try it some time, you’ll like it.
- Sola Dei Gloria – As to where most of finds a topic and digs deep, PJ here finds morays to delve into and makes us think. Good stuff.
- Theology Today – Phil’s mantra scripture says it all from Ephesians 5:11. Much like most of the other bricks in the Wall, the man is on an exposing mission.
And since by the laws from which it came I’m only permitted to “honor” nine, I – in typical fashion – will push the ubiquitous envelope and provide some “honor”able mentions to:
- Wickle – My man is, as he says, “1 True Believer”. Read it, you’ll see.
- The Pugnacious Irishman – Although Mr. Pugnacity focuses on Christianity in life than the other way around as I do, it’s a joy to read, absorb and learn from this cat.
- Slaughter of the Sheep – Chrystal can just keep on with her bad self on this thing. I live in the news, and this girl finds things I missed. She keeps me honest, and that’s something we could all use.
- Pulpit Pimps – Melvin needs no introduction to those who know and appreciate him. And if you don’t, visit.
- Living Journey – Vee truly lives up to her blog’s name. A respite of sorts for me.
- Wired 4 Truth – The Black Reformed Kid is a frequent visit of mine. Nice work in there… and has created the “Reformed Rebellion” of which I sure am intrigued.
- Conservative Black Woman – This girl says most white folk won’t say about politics and other goings on. Enjoy. I do.
- Crummy Church Signs – It’s just funny! Really funny.
- Max Daddy – Because sometimes you just need a good story to get you through the day. Max has them.
So, there you have it. Go forth, stalwarts of the sacred. With your prestige comes powerful responsibilty.