I wonder if former “Bishop” Carlton Pearson is raising his arms in celebration now as his once heralded church slammed a padlock on its doors after 27 years of holding them open to Tulsa, Okla. and the rest of the country. The once-regaled church is now a small part of the “All Souls Unitarian Church.”
“I have no regrets for what I did in this town,” he said.
Really? Let’s make a list, shall we?
- He was mentored by Dr. Oral Roberts and ordained in the COGIC church
- In the 1990s, he created Higher Dimensions, the largest church in Tulsa and the birthplace of one of the most famed conferences in Christendom, “Azuza.”
- In 2000, he campaigned for W. and was invited to the White House.
- In 2002, you lose a bid to run for Mayor of Tulsa (um, OK?)
- Then in 2004, he was called a heretic for believing no one went to hell and sin was moot.
Now, where do you think he wants a redo? Four years later, he is shamed, loathed, mocked and now… without a church. Brother, what happened?
I have all your Azuza CDs to jam the old time “precious memories.” You could get Amens shouted at you anywhere in the country. And NO ONE on the planet – save Al Sharpton – could rock the perm like you. Then you go off the deep end without floaties and sink in your own delusions of grandeur.
Thanks to you, the Gospel of Inclusion has a rebirth and now everyone is searching for an… let’s say… an “emerging” Gospel in the “community”. And why not? If I can go conviction-free through life knowing I just have to put on my Sunday best once a week, why not?
MEMO to Carlton Pearson: When you make it to heaven, please be sure to approach Jesus with caution and let him know why so many of your former followers were possibly “included” into hell. That would be because you weren’t doing your job telling them otherwise.
[Bricklaying Shout out to GCM Watch for the shot]