There is a verse in the Bible that is apropo: “Faith without works is dead.”
Whether it’s support for a church function, a presidential election or even a vote on American Idol, everyone’s participation matters. This is a blog, an open forum for the entire Body of Christ, which means Y-O-U. Regardless of faith or focus, denomination or affiliation, the “writing on the wall” applies to you.
Just as its inspiration from the Book of Daniel, when God writes, he wants EVERYONE to read, proclaim and above all, act. In short, the wall requires your thoughts plastered all over its bricks.
Without your “works”, the “faith” to engage the Body of Christ through this prayed-over medium could be dead. In order to help the wall get full of writing, a few governances and graces:
- Be valid. Writings are meant to inspire, educate and light a fire under your tail. If you read something on the wall that elicits your commentary, PLEASE post it… but let it stick to the point at-hand. This way, you encourage someone else to break out a can of spray paint and the wall gets multiplied even more.
- Be vocal. In other words, come with it. The Church was originally a forum of believers all asking questions regarding the Savior. Although now it’s everyone enters the building to hear one speak, we can journey back to the days of Pentecost and speak together “in one accord.”
- Be viewed. Maybe it’s just me, but if the law has an “Open Records” act, then we should as well. If you are proud of what you say (and let’s admit, online anonymity is a hot commodity), then state your name or nom de plumb. In other words, give a valid e-mail and/or blog address.
- LINK – Trust me, if you want to add bricks to this wall, link it to yours. If your blog is like-minded, I am more than accommodating to add a Blogroll for fellow musers.
- BE LOUD – Promotion is bliss. Tell your friends and visit often. This is more than Christian news and faith-based stories. This is a collection of ideas and rants about faith followers and how we need to do a better job of proclaiming the joy we have… because obviously, there are some folk out there that need to hear it or might be slightly off kilter.
- LISTEN – This wall is not just full of sacred writ graffiti artists. There is more than 20 years of working with the most recognized names, ministries and organizations in Christendom.
- LEARN – Socrates once wrote, “The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” Truer words were never considered. We live by osmosis, and the moment you believe you have it all together, you perish. Read carefully, because as we wall watchers say, “Check these walls, the reality for the Body of Christ lies in the ink.”